Salary: Mid 40’s, plus HealthRIGHT 360 offers a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Exempt
Primary Location: San Francisco
Facilities: 25 Van Ness Avenue
Program/Department: Project Homeless Connect
The mission of HealthRIGHT 360 (the best of Haight Asbury Free Clinics and Walden House) is to give hope, build health, and change lives for people in need. We do this by providing compassionate, integrated care that includes primary medical, mental health, and substance use disorder treatment to over 22,000 uninsured Californians annually.
Project Homeless Connect (PHC) began in 2004 as a collaborative effort to serve those experiencing homelessness in San Francisco. Working with over 200 partners, PHC has served over 30,000 participants by providing vital resources like dentures, DMV identifications and eye glasses. We also have services such as housing, mental health, substance abuse and Homeward Bound. PHC provides these services through bi-monthly events where all are welcomed and services are given with dignity and respect. We use thousands of community volunteers and truly are a collaborative effort to reduce the harm of homelessness.
Under the direct supervision of the Events Manager of Project Homeless Connect the Volunteer Coordinator will recruit, train and retain a cadre of community and leadership volunteers.
Essential Job Functions:
• Recruit, cultivate and retain volunteers and lead volunteers through: outreach, speaking engagements, social media, website, timely email, phone and written communication.
• Maintain and optimize volunteer database to ensure accurate data and reporting.
• Act as point person for all volunteer inquires and needs including but not limited to: outreach materials, training documents, web support, role assignment.
• Design and implement outreach strategies to maintain relevancy as top volunteer agency.
• Create and maintain best practices model of volunteering.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Maintain volunteer presence via social media.
• Possession of a California driver’s license and a clean driving record.
• Ability to work outside of traditional work schedule, some night and weekends.
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds and be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
Specific Skills and Knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred. Exceptions may be made for experienced candidates.
• Four (4) years of experience working in a other non-profit organizations preferred.
• 2 years required nonprofit experience or other relevant experience.
• Proficient in Salesforce.
• Knowledgeable about social issues concerning homelessness and disfranchised populations
• Knowledge of standard office practices, procedures and structure.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.). Ability to learn and master new software systems.
• Ability to operate office equipment, such as a copy machine and facsimile machine.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, proven ability to multi-task.
• Excellent judgment, discretion, and attention to detail.
• Professional communication skills, diplomacy, and ability to work under pressure.
• Proven ability to self direct, provide pro-active, strategic planning and meet goals with minimum supervision.