•Provides learning experience opportunities and offers clinical support to assist clients in meeting their treatment goals.
•Performs crisis intervention and communicates with treatment team as unforeseen situations arise.
•Documents client updates and incidents in the facility log daily.
•Performs transitions in level of care, coordination of referrals (including connections with and transportation to physical and mental health services), monitor progress in services, and patient advocacy.
•Provides individualized intervention, assistance in accessing public benefits/Medi-Cal Outreach and Enrollment; information/referral regarding access to health; and encourages participation in educational opportunities, such as self-help support groups.
•Provides follow-up supportive services to enrolled participants in accordance with program policies and procedures. Coordinates, prepares, and maintains required charting and documentation in a timely and thorough manner.
•Maintains participant records according to HIPAA and 42 CFR, adheres to all participant confidentiality requirements and standards.
•Provides direct services to incarcerated participants to plan their successful return to the community to assist them with accessing supportive resources following release.
•Works with program SUD Counselors/Case Managers to ensure that each participant’s transition plan is consistent with their individualized treatment and rehabilitation plan.
•Creates and develops relationships with community providers of housing, employment, education, food assistance, childcare support, substance abuse treatment, primary care, mental health treatment, and other supportive services that will benefit the client upon reentry to the community. Also maintains copies of provider literature and program materials for participants to review.
•Collaborates with Counselors and/or Case Managers and other available internal and external resources to develop/maintain treatment plans; transition plans; progress notes and appropriate updates in support of the health and recovery needs of the client.
•Maintains accurate records by entering data into various electronic systems for all caseload clients in accordance with guidelines established by Prototypes/HealthRIGHT 360 to satisfy internal and external evaluating requirements.
And, all other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES: (To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies):
- Communication, Written: Delivers written communications that have clarity and impact including emails.
- Communication, Verbal: Effective listener; clearly and thoughtfully communicates with others in person and on the phone.
- Reliability: Accountable; maintains focus; punctual; good attendance record; meets deadlines.
- Time Management: Organizes and establishes priorities; gets the job done in a timely manner.
- Customer Service: Persists in efforts to solve issues even when faced with internal barriers; takes personal responsibility for customer service outcomes; responds quickly and effectively to requests for assistance and support whether internal or external.
- Computer Literacy: Skilled computer-based work tasks; uses technology to enhance job performance.
- Teamwork: Accountable to team; participates effectively in group- and team-work; collaborates positively with other team members; giving and accepting constructive criticism.
- Tolerance for Stress, Ambiguity, and Change: Maintains composure even while under great pressure; handles complex problems and change
with minimal supervision; demonstrates flexibility and versatility in achieving key goals and priorities.
- Attention to Detail: Strives to eliminate errors; makes accurate work a priority; seeks opportunities to improve performance.
- Decision Making: Collects, organizes, and analyzes information before making decisions. Takes a thoughtful approach when considering options; may seek supervision and/or input from others.
- Integrity and Ethics: Actively models the highest ethical standards; is honest and accountable; maintains confidentiality and appropriate boundaries at all times; handles sensitive information and issues with discretion and tact.
- Relationship Orientation: Establishes rapport easily with others; listens attentively to others' perspectives; uses good judgment when sharing information and maintaining confidentiality; appropriately expresses empathy.
- Presentation Skills: Adapts presentation techniques to fit audience level and technical needs; develops and delivers communications that have clarity and impact; conveys confidence, presence, and professionalism; uses appropriate visual aids to illustrate key points and enhance learning.
- Interpersonal Skills: Uses active listening and discussion skills to identify issues, ensure understanding, and facilitate problem solving; works cooperatively with diverse groups; deals with others in a pleasant and professional manner; accurately assesses verbal and non-verbal cues.
- Accountability: Makes and meets commitments; accepts responsibility for behavior and outcomes.
- Follow Through: Monitors status of projects and tasks; thoroughly deals with project details;
delivers clear, accurate depiction of status.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Ability to work with a diverse population while withholding judgment. Willingly open to learn and understand different