Donor Development Responsibilities:
• Ensure gifts are raised from individuals, businesses, and foundations in Southern California.
• Provide support in all areas of Philanthropy, as determined by the Vice President of Philanthropy.
Project Management Responsibilities:
• Establish, maintain, and manage a portfolio of approximately 150 high net-worth individuals, families, and private foundations from identification to cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
• Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the board and other staff with their solicitation (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications
• In consultation with the VP of Philanthropy and Director of Events, create and supervise implementation of targeted events for prospects and donors. •This may include ticketed events, small donor dinners or other formats that will motivate, engage and educate prospects and donors
• Ensure donor acknowledgement, stewardship and public recognition, as appropriate
Board of Director Responsibilities
• Prospect identification, cultivation, and relationship management for Governance Board, Foundation Board, and President’s Council.
• Engender a highly engaged and motivated Southern California board membership.
• Provide support in all areas of Development when needed
• Demonstrate and reinforce a collaborative leadership with staff and colleagues and contribute to a team-oriented culture
• Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening tools
• Ensure that data related to prospects and donors is recorded and tracked in electronic and hard copy files; manage campaign record keeping, evaluate progress towards goals, prepare periodic reports on fundraising and present to the Board and senior staff; recommend revisions to the fundraising plan, as needed, to meet goals.
And, other duties as assigned.