Education and Experience
- BA or BS in technical field and 3-5+ years’ experience or 6-8+ years’ work experience in a technical desktop/network support position.
- Working experience administering Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 networks, Exchange 2010/2013/2016, Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Working experience creating and managing virtual servers using Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Working experience with Active Directory, including creating Group Policy.
- Valid CA Driver’s license and vehicle. Frequent visits to our facilities in the San Francisco Bay area, occasional travel to the Santa Clara, San Mateo and Contra Costa sites.
- Proven project management/requirements gathering experience.
- Working experience managing backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Working experience troubleshooting and repairing network, computer hardware and software related technical issues.
- Working experience configuring and installing network operating systems.
- B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar.
- MCSE or MCSA or progress towards them or alternative certification.
- Knowledgeable in more advanced networking, switching, VLANS, routing, network monitoring, command line configuration, etc.
- SQL experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of interdisciplinary team and independently assume responsibility.
- Ability to logically breakdown complex problems to identify root causes and create sequential, actionable resolution tasks.
- Ability to thoroughly document lessons learned, trouble ticket resolutions, and technical training materials.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask and juggle multiple priorities
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate highly technical information in a clear, concise manner to non-technical users.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone.
- Ability to complete complex technical tasks under pressure.
- Ability to recognize and resolve data entry problems as they occur.
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are imperative.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Action oriented.
- Outstanding ability to follow-through with tasks.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed.
- Able to communicate well at all levels of the organization including working with organization leadership and high-level representatives of partner organizations.
- Able to work within a frequently changing project scope while maintaining overall direction and structured priorities.
- Must not be on active parole or probation.
- Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse population.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.