Maintenance Responsibilities: Checks and replenishes supplies. Ensures that facility functions are operating properly (e.g., light bulbs/fixtures). Repairs damaged areas of facility. Assesses repairs and maintenance needs for outside contracting as needed. Assists professional contractors. Works as team with Operations and performs functions that further Department and Agency. Assists with special projects, as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises and trains residents assigned to maintenance and janitorial work.
Administrative Responsibilities: Keeps records of jobs completed for weekly maintenance summary. Submits purchase orders. Processes maintenance request forms.
Health and Safety Responsibilities: Assist with building compliance with all regulatory agencies, funding sources, certification and licensing boards including but not limited to CARF and OSHA. Assists the Health & Safety Monitor of each site with the compliance of Site Specific Emergency Response Plans.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data.
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are imperative.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Action oriented.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask and juggle multiple priorities.
- Outstanding ability to follow-through with tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of interdisciplinary team and independently assume responsibility.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed.
- Able to communicate well at all levels of the organization including working with organization leadership and high-level representatives of partner organizations.
- Able to work within a frequently changing project scope while maintaining overall direction and structured priorities.
- Experience working with criminal justice population.