- Ensures that patient’s primary care chart is up to date with information on specialty consults, hospitalizations, ER visits and chronic disease management that is related to their health
- Entry of patient clinical and non-clinical information into assigned electronic registry is the key responsibility of this position (e.g. e-Clinicalworks, CareWare, Aries, +Care, etc)
- If assigned, maintain ongoing tracking (SFGH alerts) to Primary care provider team and appropriate documentation on referrals to promote team awareness and ensure patient safety
- Effectively assist patients in problem solving potential issues related to the health care system, financial or social barriers (e.g., request interpreters as appropriate, transportation services or prescription assistance)
- Acts as the system navigator and point of contact for patients and providers
- May assume advocate role on the patient’s behalf with the carrier to ensure approval of the necessary services for the patient in a timely fashion
- Assists patients with signing up for medical coverage
And, other duties as assigned.