Haight Ashbury Free Clinic (HAFC) at the Integrated Care Center (ICC) offers primary medical, dental, substance use disorder treatment, and mental health services guided by the principle that "Healthcare is a Right, Not a Privilege." HAFC/ICC provides compassionate, nonjudgmental care to patients who experience homelessness, poverty, and addiction. Our providers have specialized expertise in preventative health, acute and chronic conditions, treatment of infectious diseases, psychiatry, and addiction medicine.
The MAT RN works on a patient care team in the provision of medication assisted treatment (MAT) for patients with substance use disorders, and provides nursing support including the following:
- Assists medical providers in the treatment with MAT under standing orders, provides health education around substance use disorders and treatment, coaches and guides patients during the treatment process with all medication assisted treatments.
- Works with operational staff in ensuring access and performs triage for patients seeking treatment for substance use disorders.
- Collaborates with the medical team in any quality assurance or quality improvement in the provision of MAT treatment.
- Works along with the behavioral health staff and psychiatry in the integrative process of substance use disorder treatment and mental health.
- Works with the care teams insuring accurate registries and the provision of care in the treatment with MAT.
- Collaborates with pharmacies and insurance for prior authorizations for patients in accessing medications.
- Works directly with the Director of Addiction Medicine and under the supervision of the Nurse Manager.
- Assists in the treatment and care coordination of any medical complications associated with substance use disorders, including, but not limited to mental health illnesses, chronic diseases and acute health issues.