• Registered SUD Counselor and/or AA in related field.
• A minimum of two years’ experience in a substance abuse treatment setting.
• Basic understanding of child development, child abuse, substance abuse and self-sufficiency issues.
• Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred.
• California Driver’s License with proof of insurance.
• Experience working with substance abusers, chronically homeless and/or re-entry populations. Experience with efficient and effective treatment and management of clients with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders.
• Knowledge of and experience with providing trauma informed, Housing First and Harm Reduction services
• Strong computer skills, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
-CDCR fingerprint clearance
-Must not be on parole or probation for a minimum of two years
-Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse population
-Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word Outlook and internet applications
-Experience working successfully with issues of substance abuse, mental health, criminal background, and other potential barriers to economic self sufficiency
-Experience and/or a general understanding of Housing First and Harm Reduction models
Skills and Abilities
-High degree of insight and ability self-regulate.