Clinical Care Responsibilities:
- Provides nursing care, within the scope of license and agency credentials, to Lyon-Martin and Women’s Community Clinic patients within a Patient Centered Medical/Health Home delivery model according to pre-arranged schedules, documenting care promptly and following charting protocols and applicable CA state licensing requirements;
- Utilizes motivational interviewing skills and encourages patient activation and self-management; appropriately utilizes standing orders;
- Facilitates team functioning and efficiency by taking responsibility for additional patient assessments or medical assistant functions (e.g., phlebotomy, rooming, vitals, etc.) to ensure the completion of patient sessions in a timely and thorough manner;
- Assesses and provides nursing advice to patients who walk-in with medical complaints or who call-in with medical concerns seeking advice; responds to patient requests for information and assistance (e.g., form completion, prescription refills, etc.) in a timely manner;
- Informs clients of normal and abnormal lab results and follow up plans; as a part of the Care Support Team, prioritizes and takes responsibility for patients with complex medical issues and follows up with all patients regarding recent emergency room visits and inpatient stays;
- Works collaboratively with mental health staff to facilitate integration between primary care and mental health in order to improve patient outcomes; obtains and maintains licensure, and BCLS/CPR certification;
- Provides timely care coordination and management for medically complex patients (eg, hospital transfer care coordination, procedure coordination) in conjunction with the primary care provider and care team;
- Attends continuing professional education programs, at the request or with the approval of supervisor, demonstrating participation in 30 hours continuing professional education every 2 years.
- Provides clinical leadership to support staff, including medical assistants, patient care coordinators, front office staff and receptionists;
- Participates in training medical assistants, nursing students and volunteers to improve the skills of back office staff;
- Incorporates constructive feedback into behavior change; participates as an active member of the Care Support Team through case-conferencing and other collaborative work;
- Demonstrates comfort in changing systems, champions change, and leads change processes;
- Demonstrates commitment to mission of the organization, women’s health, LGBTQ+ health, harm reduction, client centered care, racial justice and community-oriented primary care.
Performance and Quality Improvement Responsibilities:
- Active participant in Quality Improvement activities and may act as change champion or lead;
- Works closely with staff collecting and reporting contractual data as necessary;
- Meets benchmarks for applicable quality indicators as noted in the annual quality management plan including the maintenance of current productivity standards, cycle times, no-show rates, and landing times;
- Supports the quality assurance of medication supply, vaccine management, dispensary, point of care testing, laboratory, infection control;
- Along with colleagues, assists in continuous quality improvement through on-going problem/needs identification and problem solving and, as requested, acts as change champion or lead in improvement activities.
- Keeps up to date with operational and procedural requirements;
- In conjunction with Nurse Manager, Director of Clinic Operations, and Medical Director, assures organizational readiness for accreditation surveys and ongoing monitoring and reporting of conformance to quality within the clinics;
- Supports the interpretation of standards and processes to meet best practice standards established in the health services program;
- Adheres to company dress code and maintains professional appearance;
- Completes mandatory trainings within deadlines;
- Supervises students and volunteers as appropriate; maintains availability for various administrative/clinical duties as requested by supervisor (e.g., case presentations; in-service training to staff; represents Lyon-Martin, Women’s Community Clinic and/or HealthRIGHT 360 at and/or attends professional conferences; leadership/consultation to committees; attendance/speaking at fundraising/community events, etc.).
And, other duties as assigned.