Education and Experience Required:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Possession of a valid California license as a registered nurse.
- Possession of BCLS/CPR certification.
- Two years of direct patient care experience; one year in ambulatory care and/or a community health center.
- Experience working with populations with varying lifestyles, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, ethnic and culture backgrounds and economic status.
- Experience working successfully with issues of substance abuse, mental health, criminal background, and other potential barriers to economic self sufficiency.
Background Clearance Required:
- Must not be on active parole or probation.
- LGBT Cultural competence and able to work with a diverse population.
- Commitment to working in an environment offering abortion services and the full-scope of pregnancy options counseling.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word Outlook and internet applications.
- Knowledge of co-occurring disorders and trauma informed treatment.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Experience with electronic medical records.
- Comfort working on teams and with safety net populations.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are imperative.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Action oriented.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask and juggle multiple priorities.
- Outstanding ability to follow-through with tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of interdisciplinary team and independently assume responsibility.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed.
- Able to communicate well at all levels of the organization including working with organization leadership and high-level representatives of partner organizations.
- Strong phlebotomy skills.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.