1. Manage and Coordinate
• Facilitate health, wellness, and medical education for staff and clients.
• Comply with all documentation standards and procedures set down by law or funding agency requirements.
• Maintain up-to-date files and documentation. Work collaboratively as part of treatment team.
• Attend meetings as assigned.
• Comply with the agency’s policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Submit program and contractual reporting and documentation requirement in a timely manner.
• Monitor and document for medical quality assurance.
• When providing direct services, complete all required paperwork, charting, records maintenance in a timely manner.
A. Observes client medication administration.
B. Performs basic health screenings including vital signs.
C. Completes/assists with the completion of client health histories.
D. Completes facility incident reports within the agency guidelines and timeframes with quality documentation.
E. Completes client missed medication sheets.
F. Completes client medical treatment goals with appropriate updates to treatment plan as needed.
G. Coordinate medical and psychiatric services with other involved services providers.
H. Ensure that client medication line times are appropriately held, and client’s medical needs are addressed.
I. Provide referrals and linkages to services specific to client’s needs.
J. Provide follow-up to ensure services are obtained.
K. Provides medical education and advocacy as needed.
L. Provides medical crisis intervention and triages clients as needed within scope of practice.