Education and Experience
- BA or BS in technical field and 1-2+ years’ experience or
3-5+ years’ work experience in a technical desktop/network support position.
- Valid CA Driver’s license and vehicle. Frequent visits to our facilities in the Los Angeles area, occasional travel to the Orange and Ventura County. Infrequent travel to San Francisco Bay area.
- Proven project management/requirements gathering experience.
- Knowledge of and ability to manage Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 networks, Exchange 2010/2013/2016, Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Working experience with Active Directory and firewalls.
- Familiar in networking theory and administration.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and repairing network, computer hardware and software related technical issues.
- Knowledge configuring and installing network operating systems.
- B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar.
- MCSE or MCSA or progress towards them or alternative certification.
- Knowledgeable in more advanced networking, switching, VLANS, routing, network monitoring, command line configuration, etc.
- SQL experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of interdisciplinary team and independently assume responsibility.
- Ability to logically breakdown complex problems to identify root causes and create sequential, actionable resolution tasks.
- Ability to thoroughly document lessons learned, trouble ticket resolutions, and technical training materials.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask and juggle multiple priorities
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate highly technical information in a clear, concise manner to non-technical users.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone.
- Ability to complete complex technical tasks under pressure.
- Ability to recognize and resolve data entry problems as they occur.
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are imperative.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Action oriented.
- Outstanding ability to follow-through with tasks.
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed.
- Able to communicate well at all levels of the organization including working with organization leadership and high-level representatives of partner organizations.
- Able to work within a frequently changing project scope while maintaining overall direction and structured priorities.
- Must not be on active parole or probation.
- Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse population.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.