Voter Guide for California Propositions and San Francisco Ballot Measures for November 2020
Healthright 360’s Endorsements for the 2020 elections
HealthRIGHT 360 urges everyone to go out and VOTE in the election on November 3rd, 2020. Here are our recommendations on the issues that affect our clients, employees, and communities.
- Prop 16 – YES Restores Affirmative Action: Allows institutions to reduce inequities by creating opportunities for people based on race, gender, and/or ethnicity.
- Prop 17 – YES Allows people on parole to vote: Automatically restores a person’s right to vote when paroled from prison.
- Prop 20 – NO Increased criminal penalties: Reduces access to parole for people in prison and allows any theft over $250 to be a felony which will drive up California’s prison population.
- Prop 25 – YES Ends cash bail system: Replaces the current cash bail system – which has been proven to be classist and racist – with a computer-based system that assesses risk. Not a perfect solution but a worthwhile step in the right direction.
San Francisco Ballot Measures
- Measure A – YES Funds for social services: Funds programs for supportive housing, shelter, mental health and substance use treatment services.
- Measure F – YES $700+ million for social services: Makes $700+ million available for child care, early education, and services for people experiencing homelessness.
Please click here to see the PDF version of our Voter Guide.
- HealthRIGHT 360 10/14/20