The Family Program
We create a supportive space for friends and family to learn about substance use disorders and discuss how this disease impacts every person close to the client. Services are primarily offered in the evening to allow for full participation by family.
- Couples counseling
- Family systems counseling
- Parenting support and education
- Drop-in and closed group sessions
The Children's Program
We address the special needs of children whose lives have been affected by substance using parents by providing child care while their mothers attend treatment. Therapeutic groups and interactive therapy to help both mothers and children are also available.
- Mommy & Me - Mothers and their children in the perinatal program are encouraged to interact and explore their relationship and increase bonding and trust. This group is interactive and activity-based for mothers with their children (infants through age 10).
- Individual Counseling - Individual age-appropriate counseling helps the child to understand substance use disorder as an illness. This can facilitate his or her healthy development and recovery from any secondary effects he/she has experienced as a result of a mother’s substance use.
- Psychotherapy Services - Children are assessed, and individual therapy is provided if needed. The therapist helps the child identify feelings and, through exploration, art, drama, and play therapy, provides the tools and guidance necessary to lead the child to healthy self-development.
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy - Intensive individualized treatment intervention that involves training parents in behavioral management techniques within a play-therapy context.