AARS is dedicated to reducing the impact and incidence of substance use in the Bay Area. Our programs serve youth, adults, and families, and are located in San Francisco, Santa Clara, and San Mateo counties.
What We Do:
AARS offers an array of programs and services throughout the Bay Area, each tailored to meet the needs of our clients. Our culturally oriented, gender-responsive approaches are delivered by multicultural and multilingual staff who are a part of the communities they serve. AARS programs offer:
- Outpatient substance use disorder treatment for adults and youth
- Outpatient mental health treatment for adults and youth
- Integrated behavioral health services
- Case management
- Community-based outreach and education
- Linkages and referrals to primary care and ancillary support
- School-based mental health services
- Pro-social activities for youth, adults, and families
- Substance abuse and HIV prevention, HIV testing and counseling, and HIV case management for adults
- Juvenile justice and probation youth services, including prevention, outpatient substance use and/or mental health treatment, and social support
AARS partners with government agencies, community-based and ethnic-specific organizations to strengthen the support networks available to clients and to engage in research and advocacy. We offer culturally-tailored community-building activities that motivate the populations we serve to be resilient and healthy. For service locations and contact information, see our program descriptions.